Signature Sounds was formed by Jim Olsen and Mark Thayer in 1995 to promote the burgeoning acoustic music scene in and around Northampton, MA. Since our inception, we've released over 150 albums of singer-songwriter, Americana, modern folk and rock music. Signature Sounds Recordings are distributed exclusively worldwide by Redeye Worldwide.
Signature Sounds moved into new offices in downtown Northampton in 2012 and opened The Parlor Room, an intimate 95 seat live performance venue presenting concerts several nights per week. In 2015 Signature started an artist development and management wing to work with talented new artists.
The Signature Sounds Recording Studio (now located in Pomfrey, CT) was founded in 1982 by Mark Thayer. It has become the studio of choice for many performers in the acoustic and jazz music worlds. Please visit the STUDIO page for Signature Sounds Recording Studio contact info.
- President – Jim Olsen – (413) 341-3317 ex. 101
- Director of Publicity – Flora Reed – (413) 341-3317 ex. 105
- Physical Distribution Manager – Abbie Duquette – (413) 341-3317 ex. 103
- Live Music Director – Peter Hamelin
- Digital Distribution Manager – Jenna Brower – (413) 341-3317 ex. 102
- Artist Development and Special Projects – Lynne Bertrand – (413) 341-3317ex. 104
- Art Department – Philip Price
- Radio – Brad Hunt
- Legal – Leah Kunkel
32 Masonic St Northampton, MA 01060
Phone: (413) 341-3317
Fax: (413) 341-1374